Recipe for vanilla butter biscuits (makes 24 biscuits)
250g unsalted butter
140g granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp regular milk
300g sifted plain flour
1) preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2) using a whisk or handheld mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed for at least 3 to 5 mins. Creaming long enough, will create pockets of air in your biscuit which gives rise to a nice texture.
3) add egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until smooth. For about 2 minutes.
4) add milk and whisk until just incorporated. It is important to add milk if not your biscuits will be dry.
5) add flour and mix thoroughly. Make sure your mixer is on low speed if not all the flour will blow up in your face. Roll ball into circles and place onto baking sheet. Place each biscuits dough about 1.5 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 mins.
If you want chocolate chips, simply stick a few chocolate chips into the dough. Enforce it goes into the oven to bake.
If you want dark chocolate, melt some dark chocolate and drizzle over biscuits once it is baked. Allow to set and decorate with sprinkles if you want.
For cream cheese, add 75g of cream cheese and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon powder. Don’t waste money buying cinnamon powder. It is expensive ( a 200g bottle costs a few dollars). Just take a cinnamon stick, crush it till fine and use the powder. Whisk it into batter, place on tray and bake.