Hey hey hey,
Well, here we are, on the last day of 2016.
I’m questioning myself as to how did a year pass by so fast and yet at the same time, looking forward to 2017.
Let’s look at 2016 and take a moment to appreciate all the good things that came our way. (P.S. It might take me forever to list out all the good things, so, I’ll just count down my 10 highlights of 2016)
Ready, let’s go!
10) This is not really a good thing. This year, I had some of the toughest instructors that I faced on attachment. Believe me when I say it, the stress was so monumental that I actually broke down once outside of my shift but I am damn proud of myself for surviving those attachments and scoring pretty well for them too
9) Coding!- Karlie Kloss, a supermodel, is one of my inspirations. So anyways, she took up coding 2 years ago and fascinated by how it works, she encouraged girls to try it out. Well, this past August, I was deciding how to spend my holidays when I received an email from my school. It turns out, a bunch of students were going to do a series of workshop to teach people to code and it was every Saturday, from a period of 4 hours. I signed up and voila, I learnt something new.
8) All the people I met- From new classmates every semester to CA mates to CCA mates, I met a lot of new people this year, and while I might not know all their names or remember their faces, I am thankful for them coming into my life and am thankful for those few that made a difference in my life
7) Taekwondo- It took me a good year before I joined taekwondo in July. I don’t know why it took me so long but after seeing my friend in her taekwondo gi, I got spurred and signed on. I haven’t gone for much trainings but the trainings I do go for are really tough and kickass. At the end of the day, it’s all about trying to be better
6) Driving- I took up learning to drive this year and although I am far from obtaining my license, I am thankful that I am learning something and hopefully, hopefully, get my license next year
5) Events!- I did a bunch of school events this year, like the HS Amazing Race to the KTPH casualty exercise to Open House and RED camp. I won’t go into detail as to what happened across the different events, one thing’s certain: I surely had a ton of fun. Here’s to more events in 2017 (*cheers*)
4) From year 1 to year 2- I completed year 1 in February this year and am now 2 more months away from finishing year 2. InsyaAllah, I’ll do well and get to move on to year 3.
3) Camps!- I did my first camp this year, then another and another. While each camp was different than the other, they had one thing in common: intense preparation. I remember all the long hours spent in planning and preparing. I am so proud that all the camps were executed as planned and more so proud, that me and my friends did it all together
2) Friends & Family- There are my pillars of support and they are there for me when I need them. A new friend that I am thankful for is Amelia whom was my classmate from last semester. We started doing projects together and then when it came time to revise for exams, we did together side by side and since then, she hasn’t left my life and cannot seem to stop making jokes at me.
1) Health- Alhamdulillah, I have been blessed with good health and haven’t taken a day off this year from either school or work. I hope 2017 will continue this streak and that I shall receive plenty of holidays.
Side note: I am also thankful for sleep and desserts
Here’s to hoping 2017 will bring us more good memories be lit!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!